RMS Athletics and Intramurals
The positive effects of participation in interscholastic sports at the middle school level has been reported in multiple studies. Participation in sports requires middle school students to work as a team and be persistent in order to succeed. It also gives students access to positive role models, such as coaches and older players who can set positive examples. Sports also help adolescents to develop lifelong habits of physical activity that will benefit them throughout their lives.
Click the 'Register Now' for information on how to participate in and register for the athletic programs at RMS. Registration and completion of forms through the link below must be received before the student-athlete participates in any school team-organized practice, scrimmage, or scheduled game/contest.
Payments for Fall 2018 sports will continue to be done by check. Please make checks payable to Region 15. Mail or drop off check to:
Rochambeau Middle School
100 Peter Road
Southbury, CT 06488
Fall Sports Information:
Field Hockey, Head Coach - Sonya Fleming
- Try outs will be held Wednesday, September 5th - Friday, September 7th, 3 - 4:30pm.
- Sticks and goggles can be borrowed but please bring mouth guard, shin guards and a water bottle. 6th Grade Managers Welcome!
BOYS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS (per Coach Somero)
7th graders on Monday, November 12th, 3.00pm - 4.30pm
8th graders on Tuesday, November 13th, 3.00pm - 5.00pm
GIRLS BASKETBALL TRYOUTS (per Coach Fleming)
- 7th graders on Monday, November 12
- 8th graders on Wednesday, November 14
- call backs for 7th and 8th graders and 6th grade Managers on Thursday, November 15
- Final selection on Friday, November 16th
- all times are 4.30pm - 6.00pm
Athletic Forms and Policies:
Basketball - February & March
Volleyball - December-February
Snowshoeing - Weather Permitting
Flag Football - November
Volleyball - September