11/1/13 Superintendent Botsford Security Memo (link here)
- Over the past years, Region 15 has taken significant steps to improve our security practices at all of our schools.
1/8/13 Connecticut Security Symposium Summit Key Points (link here)
- Both the Region 15 short term and long term goals are the same: the learning environment should emphasize learning but be nimble enough to withstand the unimaginable.
1/4/13 Region 15 School Security Plan (link here)
The fundamental concept of our school security plan is to: Deter, Detect, and Delay unwanted visitors to our schools.
- We deter by locking our doors and funneling all non-staff through the main entrance where they are cleared to enter the building
- We detect unknown persons by use of security cameras and other surveillance equipment
- We delay unwanted guests until First Responders arrive using lock down, evacuation and other defensive measures