Connecticut Digital Library
The State of Connecticut has made available a rich array of electronic information databases. Use your Public Library Card number to access the CT Digital Library from home.
- Kids InfoBits - For K-5 students, this searches magazines, newspapers, encyclopedias, and other reference works. (Click here to view Cole's tutorial on doing an advanced search in Kids InfoBits.)
- Biography in Context- Need information about a person? Check this out. Search by name, occupation, nationality, and gender. (Click here to view Dylan's tutorial on doing a person search in Biography in Context.)
- Discovering Collection - This database includes information about people, places, and events; history, literature, biography, science and social studies. It searches reference sources, creative works, primary sources, and multimedia.
- CT Digital Library Resources for Elementary Schools
- CT Digital Library - All databases
Online Encyclopedias and Databases
You will need Region 15's password to access these encyclopedias from home. See Mrs. Parker if you forgot it.
(Learn how to use World Book Student's Biography Center, Explore Connecticut and timeline features in this tutorial by Jason.)
- Word Central
- Merriam-Webster Online
- Visuwords - Graphical dictionary that shows word meaning and how it relates to other words.
- Rhyme Zone - Rhyming dictionary and thesaurus
- Little Explorers - A free online picture dictionary of more than 1,100 entries.
- Word Spy - Learn the definitions of some new words.
- Forvo - Learn the pronunciations for words in dozens of languages.
- Wordsmyth - pronounces words, gives definitions, lists synonyms, related words, and roots.