Food Service Letter
Dear Parents of MMS/RMS Students,
My name is Mrs. Cindy Dionne, Food Service Manager of Region 15 Middle Schools. I have been a Food Service Manager for almost thirty years, and I speak for myself and my two staffs that your children's well being is first and foremost for us. In saying that, I want you to know that we are always available to you for whatever concerns you may have. However irrelevant the question may seem to you, we are always here to answer to the best of our ability.
In reference to your children's lunch accounts, there are specific guidelines that you should be made aware of:
- All accounts have to be kept with a positive balance.
- We do not allow charging at this level.
- Their options are, we offer them a cheese sandwich, fruit and a milk or if they have a balance less than a price of lunch, they are allowed to spend that money at the snack bar. It’s their choice.
- We do not allow children to buy for other students or friends without written permission from parents.
- All positive and negative balances from fifth graders are transferred to us and if in the negative, will have to be paid up as soon as possible or they will not be able to purchase either a lunch or purchase anything from our snack bar.
- Parents of incoming sixth graders please be aware that money on their lunch accounts goes faster at this level. They are not restricted from buying extra drinks or snacks and everything adds up. They can spend up to $5.00 or more on any given day. So please watch out for this. If this becomes a problem, you can contact our Food Director and he can put a block on your child's account allowing him/her to spend a specific amount each day.
- Please be aware that if you decide to use PayPal it does not mean that the money will be in your child's account the next day. It has been my experience that it takes about 3 days. Also, our procedure at the middle schools is that your child may bring his or her money or check in a sealed envelope with their name, pin# and the amount they are depositing. They can drop this off in the kitchen on their way to homeroom.
- If you need to call us for any reason pertaining to the lunch program, please feel free to call. We will be available for you to call at 7:00 a.m. MMS direct line is 203-758-1905 and RMS is 203-264-8213.
Cynthia C. Dionne
Food Service Manager