One Hundred Years of Solitude
The following resources will help you research critical approaches to Gabriel Garcia Márquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude.
Novels for Students (REF 808 NOV v.5)
In addition to an overview of the work, "One Hundred Years of Solitude," this resources provides an author biography, plot summary, character vignettes, themes, historical context, critical overview, and criticism.
Gabriel Garcia Márquez's One Hundred Years of Solitude (863.64 GAR) This volume of Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations includes the following essays:
- Bags of Bones: A source for Cien Anos de Soledad
- The Only Mystery" in One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Cien anos de soledad: The Novel as Myth and Archive
- Women and Society in One Hundred Years of Solitude
- "Searching for the route of inventions": Retracing the Renaissance Discovery Narrative in Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez Dialectic of Solitude
- Solitude as a Rhetorical Device in Hege's History of Absolute Spirit and Gabriel Garcia Marquez' One Hundred Years of Solitude
- Fables of the Plague Years: Postcolonialsm, Postmodernism, and Jagic Realism in Cien Anos de soledad
- Latin American Women in Literature and Reality: Garcia Marquez's One Hundred Years of Solitutude.
- Bloomsbury in Aracataca: The Ghost of Virginia Woolf
- The Haunted Voice: Echoes of William Faulkner in Garcia Marquez
Mythology for Storytellers: Themes and Tales form Around the World (REF 291.1 SHE)
This book is arranged thematically, covering The Creation, Death and Rebirth, Myths of Origins, Myths of the Gods, and Myths of Heroes. Each section begins by comparing its theme cross-culturally, explaining similarities and differences in the mythic narratives
Archetypes and Motifs in Folklore and Literature: A Handbook (REF 398.012)
Offers in-depth examination of such motifs as Bewitching, Chance and Fate, Choice of Roads, Death or Departure of the Gods, the Double, Ghosts and Other Revenants, the Hero Cycle, Journey to the Otherworld, Magic Invulnerability, Soothsayer, Transformation, Tricksters, and many more.
Understanding Gabriel Garcia Márquez, by Kathleen McNerney (863 McN)
- (chapter on One Hundred Years of Solitude)
Gabriel Garcia Márquez, by George R. McMurray (863 M)
- (chapter titled "Myth and Reality: The Perfect Synthesis")
Critical Essays on Gabriel Garcia Márquez, by George R. McMurray (863 Mar)
- (essay titled "Gabriel Garcia Márquez and the Lost Art of Storytelling" )
- (essay titled "Foreshadowing as a Technique and Theme in One Hundred Years of Solitude")
- (essay titled "One Hundred Years of Solitude: The Last Three Pages")
One Hundred Years of Solitude: Modes of Reading, by Regina Janes (863 JAN)
- (chapter titled "A Pig's Tail, a Pig's Eye")
- (chapter titled "Principles of Construction")
- (chapter titled "Magic Realism: Does He or Doesn't He?")
- (chapter titled "And If He Does, What Does It Mean? Modern Myth and a Metaphysical Reading")
- (chapter titled "A Second Opportunity on Earth")
- Understanding Gabriel Garcia Márquez, by Kathleen McNerney (863 McN)
- (introduction - "The Man and His Country")
- Gabriel Garcia Márquez, by George R. McMurray (863 M)
- Critical Essays on Gabriel Garcia Márquez, by George R. McMurray (863 Mar)
- (essay titled "Gabriel Garcia Márquez")
- One Hundred Years of Solitude: Modes of Reading, by Regina Janes (863 JAN)
- (chapter titled "A Biographical Reading"
- ("A Political Reading")
- Man and His Symbols, by Carl G. Jung (153.8 J)
- The Power Of Myth, by Joseph Campbell (291.1 C)
- Modern Critical Views: Sigmond Freud, edited by Harold Bloom (150.19 SIG)
|Gale Virtual Reference Library: Search results for "One Hundred Years of Solitude"|
|Ebsco's Non-Fiction Book Collection for High Schools: This cross-curricular database provides content representing a wide spectrum of works, including popular series from top book publishers.|
|JSTOR is a trusted digital archive that helps scholars, researchers, and students discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content. Used widely by universities, it contains more than a thousand academic journals and over 1 million images, letters, and other primary sources. To create a personal account, see a teacher or librarian to obtain the necessary link.|
|Bloom's Literary Reference Online: Examines great writers, important works, memorable characters, and influential movements and events in world literature.|
|CountryReports.Org Colombia - History
Provides an extensive overview on the history of Colombia from the Spanish Conquest to the present. Also offers information on the culture and customs of Colombia and much more.
|Student Resources in Context
This comprehensive resource covers a wide range of subject areas in a variety of formats: Reference, Journals, Creative Works, Primary Sources, News and more.