7th Grade Information Resource -
Information in a Digital World
Students will be:
Searching, accessing, using and presenting information Digitally.
- Podcasting – researching, writing and recording a script that presents information
- Enhanced Podcasting – Adding images, video and music to enhance the narrative
- Digital Storytelling - create and edit video/images to tell a story that presents information
Sharing the Love of Books and Reading by:
- Creating a Virtual Bookshelf - an interactive digital bookshelf of what you have read and are currently reading
- Sharing your Bookshelf
- Creating Digital a Book Trailer
Students will use:
- Audacity-Audio Editor/Recorder
- Movie Maker (Image and video editing)
- Adobe Premiere Elements (Image and video editing)
- Flip Video-Video Recording
- PowerPoint –Virtual/Digital presentations
8th Grade Digital Student Elective:
Students will use Computers and Digital Media to create content and communicate information using various formats: text, graphics, audio, video and animation.
Lessons may include:
- Creating Podcasts (Record your voice and edit to produce narration - add and edit music soundtracks)
- Enhanced Podcasts (Combine narration and video/images and music) – Digital Storytelling
- Scratch - MIT “Scratch is a programming language that makes it easy to create your own interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your creations on the web.”
- Alice – Carnegie Mellon “Alice is an innovative 3D programming environment that makes it easy to create an animation for telling a story, playing an interactive game, or a video to share on the web.”
- Anime - Anime Studio Debut 2D animation software, includes everything aspiring artists and hobbyists need to create and share quality cartoons, movies, anime and cut out animations from start to finish.
- Google Earth - Create and Record Virtual Tours, make your own place marks and enhance them with HTML (WYSIWYG) - Text, Embedded Images/Video and Links
- Create Tutorials and ‘How To’ Demos (Cam Studio and Jing)
- Digital Book Shelves using PowerPoint, track and share your favorite books and what you are currently reading.
- Other emerging 21st Century Technology, Tools and Applications