Delay - Cancellation - Dismissal Info
- Regular School Day
- 2-Hour Delay
- 3-Hour Delay
- Planned Early Dismissal
- Emergency Early Dismissal
- Heat Index Dismissal Schedule
- Modified Heat Index Dismissal
Regular School Day
Planned Early Dismissal
Emergency Early Dismissal
Heat Index Dismissal Schedule
Modified Heat Index Dismissal
If schools are open, the ultimate decision to send one's child to school rests with the parents/guardians. Because of varying transportation requirements among area school districts, some school systems may remain open on certain snow days while other schools choose to close.
In the event of inclement weather or other causes (power outages, etc.) for the delayed opening or closing of school, the Superintendent or her designee will determine an appropriate and safe course of action. Generally, the decision is made and announced between 5:00 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.
Although every attempt is made to determine the opening status of the schools as early as possible, the Superintendent reserves the right to make that decision at anytime based on the conditions of the moment. In the case of a delayed opening, please continue to check the status of the schools, as the status could change to a closing if the weather or an emergency situation continues/worsens.
All school sponsored events are canceled if school is closed or dismissed early.
To communicate important information clearly, efficiently, and effectively to large numbers of community members, Region 15 uses:
- School Messenger to contact parents via email, phone calls and/or texts. Communication preferences can be selected by parents/guardians through their School Messenger Account.
- Region 15's Website and Social Media sites: Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for email notification through www.ctweather.com - select “e-Notifications”
- Radio & Television stations:
Radio Station WTIC 1080 AM Hartford
TV Stations WFSB-Channel 3, WTHN - Channel 8, WTIC Fox 61, and WVIT Channel 30