Ready for Kindergarten?
We are excited for your child to begin their educational journey in Region 15!
Our Kindergarten enrollment period begins in January for the upcoming school year. To attend kindergarten in the 2021-22 school year, your child must be 5 years of age before January 1, 2022.
To Register for Kindergarten in the 2021-22 School Year:
Contact the Registrar's office to begin the registration process.
Required documents for kindergarten registration are below, including residency documents and CT Health Assessment Record.
- A rental lease or proof of home ownership (Deed, mortgage statement, current property tax bill)
- One Utility Bill for secondary proof of residency in the form of : utility bill, landline telephone, water, electric, gas, oil, or cable television - not a cellphone bill). New residents must provide secondary proofs within one month of enrolling their child.
- A photo ID (CT driver's license or State ID card) showing current Region 15 address or unexpired passport, or Connecticut issued identification card
- Region 15 Registration Form
- Connecticut Health Assessment Record (all incoming students must have a physical exam within 12 months of starting in Region 15). Please note that we can not accept photographs of state health assessment records.
- Proof of Immunizations
- Affidavit Form: Demonstrating proof of legal guardianship or legal custody/residence, if applicable
- Student Record Release Form to transfer confidential student information (i.e. IEP and/or 504 plan, if applicable)
- Proof of child's age with one of the following, but not limited to:
- Student's unexpired passport
- Earlier school records
- State-issued identification document
- Physician's certificate verifying a student's age
- Photocopy of a birth certificate (preferred method
Kelly Zablauskas, Registrar
(203) 758-8259 x 1023
Fax: (203) 758-2776
Wondering what the expectations are for Kindergarten? Learn more here.
Not sure what school your child will be attending? Search by School by Street Name Index
A Virtual Kindergarten Orientation was held this past spring!
- To watch - Copy/Paste the meeting passcode to access the recording: +^%N6#*v