Friends Together PreSchool Program
GROW. LEARN. PLAY
At this time, the Friends Together Peer Model Program is no longer accepting applications for the 2023-24 school year. Thank you so much for your interest!
Please note that application to this program must be done yearly.
The Region 15 Special Education program is a comprehensive public pre-school program located at Long Meadow Elementary School. Children ages 3-5 attend mixed-age class sessions, based on the individual needs of the student. Region 15 offers a peer model program called "Friends Together."
Our integrated program is designed to meet the needs of students who are typically developing and students who have special education needs. The curriculum is designed as an interdisciplinary, language/literature/ motor/play-based program, based on Connecticut Framework. Students receive instruction in kindergarten readiness skills and address individual needs through speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, social skills education, behavioral consultation, psychological and counseling services.
- "Friends Together" students are accepted in the late Spring prior to the start of the school year (the request form opens early/mid-January).
- Students must be three years of age by September 1st.
- Students must reside in either Middlebury or Southbury and provide proof of residency.
- Students must demonstrate independence with toileting skills.
The "Friends Together" program follows the Region 15 school calendar. Morning sessions are 9:00 - 11:30 am and afternoon sessions are 1:00 - 3:30 pm. Please note there are limited full-day spaces available.
Sparkler is an evidence-based, mobile family engagement platform available in English and Spanish which is working with the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood and 211 Child Development to help all Connecticut families of 0 to 5 year olds.
- Tracking tools designed to monitor children’s social-emotional, cognitive, communication, and physical development, including the Ages & Stages Questionnaires®.
- Content that helps parents/caregivers support their children’s learning and development. Sparkler has a library of 1500+ play-based learning activities developed by early childhood educators and is adding more all the time.
- Messaging tools to give parents/caregivers advice and support.
Please visit Connecticut's Play Sparkler page to learn more.